top of page
Frequently Asked Questions
1) My child is not a native Chinese speaker but I want them to learn Chinese. However, I worry the curriculum will be too hard for them. Is there a class suitable for them?
We have courses for all children, no matter their background or prior Chinese experience. If your child does not have experience in Chinese, then the CFL (Chinese as Foreign Language) class might suit them better.
2) What is CFL?
CFL stands for Chinese as a Foreign Language. It is a class offered for students who are 5 years old and up. It is a class designed for children from non-Mandarin speaking families. One can enroll in CFL classes by filling out the online registration form and mailing the check to MLCC, or by paying through PayPal.
3) What is the High School Accredited Class?
The High School Accredited Class is a course offered to transfer students from Grade 9 and up, but only in the Milpitas campus.
4) What are the class hours for CFL in Milpitas campus?
CFL1-7 is held every Friday from 6:50 PM to 9:00 PM, while CFL K is held every Friday from 7:00 PM to 7:50 PM.
5) What is the class schedule for CFL1-7 in Saratoga campus?
CFL1-7 in Saratoga campus is held on Saturday from 9:20-11:30 AM.
6) What is the age range for Kindergarten class?
The age range for Kindergarten class is 5-6 years old.
7) What is the age range for Pre-K class?
The age range for Pre-K class is 4-5 years old.
8) What is the location for Saratoga campus?
Saratoga campus is located at Saratoga High School, 20300 Herriman Ave, Saratoga, CA 95070.
9) What is the location for Milpitas campus?
Milpitas campus for Heritage class is located at Rancho Middle School, 1915 Yellowstone Ave, Milpitas, while CFL Class is held at Sinnott Elementary School, 2025.
10) What is the tuition fee for CFL classes?
The tuition fee for CFL classes is $775 for Level 1-7, $650 for Level 8/9, and $600 for CFL K. Cancellation made by 8/1/23 will be charged $50 holding fee; $100 holding fee if you cancel before 9/10/23. No refund will be available after that.
bottom of page